Wednesday 3 February 2016

3rd February 2016

I went out on the bike this morning,  nippy to say the least!    It's been lovely cycling through the country lanes, seeing all the daffodils, snowdrops and crocuses start to come out.  It's slightly early for them but it has been a mild winter, so everyone says.  I'd say bitterly cold out there!

Sunday was our family day.  We had cousins travelling from all over the place popping in, bringing homemade cakes, cupcakes, soda bread and the tea/coffee pot was constantly on the go :-D

It's always lovely to see family ..I sometimes forget that not all families are as big as ours.  That'll be the Irish in us :-D





Last night Simon and I did a little bit of babysitting for my sister Fiona. I'd forgotten how difficult it can be LOL  ...only joking!!!

It was easy peasy.   I was the one being looked after :-D  Iona made me a lovely cup of cappuccino with their lovely new coffee machine and then entertained me by showing me all of her lego creations.  Even when it came to the her Maths homework, she was teasing me by calling out the incorrect answers  ...she's a clever one :-D     So when Simon turned up I took a back seat and watched Simon and Iona take turns to play with a remote control car. It didn't take them long to get bored of racing up and down the carpet, so they constructed an obstacle course from folders, books etc which seemed pretty challenging.    I'd forgotten how hard babysitting can be ;-)

1 comment:

rosie posie said...

YOU HAVEN'T GOT TIME TO BLOG, THE WASHING UP NEEDS DOING AND THE DINNER NEEDS COOKING, THAT IS AFTER YOU HAVE HOOVERED!!!