Wednesday 30 September 2015

28th September 2015

All good on the island of Koh Tao.

As Simon mentioned, I've been busy with ECO and he's busy with video students but we have both been over to Samui again for a friend, Kiwi's 50th Birthday..    It was lovely travelling with a big crowd.  Simon and I only stayed a couple of nights, everyone else stayed longer.

The first evening we were there,  I think it was a group of around 12 of us went out for a lovely dinner at 'The Godfather' an Italian restaurant owned by a friend of a friend.  The meal was delicious and we ordered far too much food.




Thee next day we all went out to breakfast to the 'Jungle Club'  It's high up in the mountain and this is just a little bit of the view ..






Then with our bellies full, we headed straight to the Go Karting. An intense afternoon with 10 people racing around like loonies. In one of the races Simon was span out by Heath on a bend. I came around the bend to see Simon at a full stop in front of me, and managed to brake, skid and turn before slamming sideways into him...

The final race, I was rammed into the barriers so hard by someone that 2 staff had to spend time lifting the barriers so that the kart could be removed. I thought that this had lost me my position, but it turned out that I did my fastest lap and I managed to come 2nd! Simon also got rammed into the barriers after a cheeky battle.... and was stuck there for 2 laps....


Everyone had such a good time that they can't wait to go back.... however I am not sure how pleased the Go Karting staff would be about that!!



And so it was time to head back to the hotel for "Walking Street" Every Friday outside of the hotel, they set up stands with food and goods for sale. However, we barely moved since we were having so much fun talking and doing card tricks. Simon and I eventually went to bed about 2:30am.. with some of the others staying up until 8:30am!!!  

Waking up the next morning, we caught the ferry back to Koh Tao and left the others to their extreme hangovers! Since then its been 5:30am starts for Simon every single day (finishing a videography course), and his day ends at about 8:30pm..... tiring stuff..






2 comments:

Roy said...

No injuries??!! Lucky!

rosieposie said...

Very lucky no injuries, a blown out tummy with all that food would be painful...!