Wednesday 10 September 2014

5th September 2014

It's been a busy couple of days.  I've been out cycling and have had the help of Rosie and Fiona to sort a few things out in our lock-up.  The first trip was with just Rosie and when I opened the doors, I think she was surprised with how crammed it was.  So after moving a few things out, like the ping pong table, leather sofa's, futon and various boxes, we had room to move and to see what was what. After some consideration as to what should be kept/thrown, I decided to get rid of the sofa's.  They had a small bit of mould on them and on closer inspection, they were pretty tatty.   Our futon and a few other bits and pieces were packed in the back of Rosies car and brought back to the farm so I could photograph them and put on Ebay in order to raise a few pennies.

After our first trip, we unloaded the car, had coffee and a sandwich then Rosie, Simon and I all went back to the lockup to load the sofa's into the car and take to the dump.  Once the car was loaded up, Si left as he had UK work to do.  He needs to go through all the electrical stuff we have in storage.

Moving and sorting furniture etc is hard work  ..and I'm finding it really difficult to let go of things.  It's been great that I've had my sisters Rosie and Fiona to help, it's made my life so much easier.



 Always good to take a flask of coffee and sandwiches and to contemplate :-D

1 comment:

rosie posie said...

Contemplate what next is going to the skip...! : 0 )