Monday 4 August 2014

3rd August 2014

Time is passing far too quickly for my liking.   With regards to work, I'm still off with a bad ear.  It doesn't hurt but it's still blocked and and my hearing is a bit disjointed (if that's the right word)  I know that if I go diving, it's probably going to get worse, so more antibiotics for me.

Simon has been off too but saying that, he's got a massive amount of UK work to do in a very short time frame, so he's been working his socks off,  It's been really frustrating as the internet connection at home has been really slow, which has resulted in him going out to get a good, speedy connection.  I on the other hand have finally got around to clean my bike  ...and properly too.  I cycled into Maehaad to the cycle shop where I meet my cycling gang and whilst scrubbing my bike clean, the guys in the shop fixed my brakes, realigned gears and tampered with a few other bit all for free.  I think I was there for a good 2 1/2 hrs.  How nice was that!!

Some of my cycling buddies

The next day, funnily enough, our friend Linda wanted to hire a bike and go exploring, so I took her to my friends shop (he was very pleased) hired a bike for 24hrs and then took her on a guided tour.  Here are some of the places we stopped at.

Freedom Beach

Shark Bay
Panoramic shot from the reservoir
View point looking over Sairee

A lovely afternoon spent exploring.   I just wish sometimes that it wasn't so hilly!    For someone that doesn't cycle every day, I must say that I was impressed with Linda's stamina  ..I'm now trying to convince here to buy a bike :-D

2 comments:

rosie posie said...

Well done Jen looks like you will be as fit as a fiddle when you get here, that will put us to shame! Great photos, I remember a couple of them. Glad you are looking after your ears. Brownie point Jen. X

Roy said...

Maybe you can come for a run with me when you're back here?! Sounds like you're getting fit! I managed my best time today for a mile 9m 09secs with an overall average of 09m 34 secs for 3 miles. Still a little slow so I hope to improve on this over weeks to come. Looking forward to seeing you both soon.