Thursday 31 July 2014

31st July 2014

After baking choc chip muffins yesterday I also prepared a veggie stew for dinner which turned out to be the tastiest yet!   Our friends who recently left the island, kindly gave us a blender, so I thickened the stew up by blending some of the potatoes & veggies (Rosie, you would have been proud of me).  Simon, after his long and tough day, enjoyed it, so that's all that mattered.  

Anyway, this morning I woke up in a productive mood, so changed the bed sheets, swept the floor and opened all the windows to air the bedroom and then ventured upstairs.  

Glancing around the kitchen, there were a few odds and sods to wash up but before anything, I thought I'd make good use of our new toy, the blender!  So poured the remainder of the stew into the jug and blended.   30 secs later, I'd the perfect soup of which half went in the freezer, ready for a rainy day. The rest I think I might have for lunch tomorrow :-D

After washing everything up, I gave the kitchen a blitz and then got the shock of my life.  Si had come back for lunch and a change of clothes.   I thought it was a lot earlier than it was, Id been so engrossed.

After Si had left, I jumped on my bike and went to the clinic to get my ear checked. They Dr said it's badly inflamed but not sign of an infection and not to dive for at least 2/3 days and suggested I took some antibiotics just in case it does get infected.  So I thought Id make out that I have some at home and get some at the pharmacy, where it should be a lot cheaper.  So I popped next door to the pharmacy to got some Penicillin at a cost of 120bht which I thought was reasonable but then I went shopping elsewhere and saw the same stuff for 35bht  ...I cant believe the difference in price. I think I'll try my luck and take them back tomorrow.

Now I'm back home, typing away, happy to have been out on the bike, managed to get a water delivery and now I'm going to make myself a nice cuppa and have one of Si's chop chip muffins :-D


No comments: