Friday 15 August 2014

14th August 2014

It's been pretty mental here on the island.  We've been non stop with Open Water Courses  ...going from one Open Water course to the next.  I've even taught Chinese, obviously not on my own as my Chinese isn't that good yet LOL.

I (Jen) was suppose to finish on the 13th around mid day, after dives 3 & 4 but as one of the other instructors called in sick (very conveniently) I had to take their group  ...so instead of an early finish, I was back in the water   ..joy!!!   

Not knowing the students is always hard   ...you don't know their strengths, weaknesses.  It was a shaky start as one Israeli girl refused to talk to me for the first hour or so and a Canadian chap was feeling sick after a late night out (I had NO sympathy)   ..so I was not in the best of moods.  Fortunately they were pretty good in the water, big equalization problems with the Canadian guy, due to congestion and being hungover  ..but all n all a pretty easy group, especially when Si surprised me the next morning and helped out on dives 3 & 4.  How lovely was that?!










No comments: