Saturday 14 June 2014

12 June 2014

As it was such a lazy day yesterday  ..Kirsty and I decided to do some exploring.   I started off by cycling to Sairee to find out the start/routes for this years Koh Tao Festival cycle ride which I fully intend to do   ..although I'm undecided to which route (easy/hard) to take, as I've not been been that strict with myself.  So don't want to lag behind on some of the long hill climbs  ..but still a few days to train :-D

So along the way I met Alan & Heidi, the couple who we'd first stayed with on the island for a little chat and then cycled towards the resevoir, hopefully meeting Kirsty on route.   Expecting to catch up with Kirsty as I neared the dam, I was amazed to see her at the top, laying in the shade.


It took both of us some time to cool down before we headed off again.  I'd bought some banana's & mango for a little pick me up which came in very handy.

Heading off up the hill, we decided to cut across to the Wild Challenge course as Kirsty hadn't seen it and then make our way back.   We looked at most of the obstacles and Kirsty even tried a few of them while I had to push & carry my bike. 





















By the time we got home, we were both shattered and possibly had too much sun that we both ended up with raging headaches.

2 comments:

rosie posie said...

Ha ha, that sounds familiar to a journey I went on while over there with you.....?
Any dinosaurs or lizards...?
Wish we had bikes, but only for the down hill rides. : )

jenny said...

Didn't see a thing apart from a few mozzies LOL