Sunday 9 February 2014

8th February 2014 - Visa Run (Short Break in Malaysia)

Its that time again... Visa Run...

This time I had decided that I was over the "Burma Run"... so I planned a 3 day break to Kuala Lumpur for Jen and I to get away, and I could do some studying for the Tec Diver course that I have been trying to start for ages.

Flights were cheap as chips from the mainland (£30 !!) so we left Koh Tao on the night boat after a few beers with Darren and some food.

Arriving on mainland Thailand the next day, we waited for the minibus to collect us. It was a big mess but the guys worked it out eventually, putting various people in different minibuses... Then we got thrown into a Tuk Tuk, and taken to the town centre, to wait for a taxi to take us to another minibus... Confused yet??  We were.

Anyway, we finally got on a minibus that was actually going to the airport, and we flew out of there, arriving in KL at lunchtime. Exiting arrivals, our prearranged transfer collected us to take us to Villa Samadhi.

The room was very different.... I had read a lot of reviews calling it "weird" and "quirky"... and I can see what they mean.... but WOW... it was lovely.


This the view when you open the door... seating area on left, and bed at the far end.

Panoramic Version here...


Then you walk into the bathroom...This is how I  imagine a bathroom that I would build...


And a panoramic view!


After relaxing in the Jacuzzi for a bit, we headed out to try and find an ATM... 45 minutes later, we found one... and then caught a taxi to Chinatown to pick up some cheap board shorts and sunglasses.

Next stop was the Bombay Palace... an Indian restaurant which looks very old fashioned...apparently there is one in the UK as well.



 We had our first decent bottle of wine in months... as well as a great meal...

Time for bed!!

x

SD

No comments: