Saturday 18 May 2013

18th May 2013

A full on week again, has limited me from posting on the blog. While Jen has been conducting Eco dives, I was asked to do another Rescue Course.

With 3 divers, and an MDST candidate (a new instructor learning the ropes) it was a tough course as I like things doing my way, but you have to give some control to the new instructor and allow them to make their mistakes. After completion, I was looking forward to 2 days out of the water at a Permaculture workshop.

Getting up this morning was hard, after a week of waking up a 3 - 4 am... I was quite blurry eyed as we headed to the Save Koh Tao office.

After a lecture about Permaculture, we had some lunch and proceeded to make a small garden patch using a technique called Sheet Mulching.

Using layers of cardboard, brown leaves, greenery etc, to make up different layers of Carbon and Nitrogen we built it up over a couple of hours before placing compost on top and planting a range of veggies.




Back again tomorrow for some more learning....

x

SD

1 comment:

Roy said...

Cool - you're own allotment!