Saturday 25 May 2013

25th May 2013

Hey all,

Again its been a frantic week of stuff... hence the blog posting has been minnimal... sorry about that...

After 2 days of Permaculture... which was very tiring, digging trenches for water runoff in rock hard ground.. (I even managed to break the pickaxe!!)




Tired, and a bit crispy from all the sun... I was placed on another rescue course, and then immediately following that I was onto Open Waters again!

The Open Water course was not easy... Starting with 4 people, I did academics on the first day, and the next day it was into the pool... They were quite nervous, and halfway through the session, 1 of the students dropped a weight on to her big toe... Blood everywhere and a screaming student was not fun... She ended up going to the clinic, having her toenail taken off, and left yesterday without completing the course..

The 3 remaining students improved, but it was still hard... I had no time to eat during the course... managing to eat a banana on one day, and a sandwich 24 hours later... The next day, I didn't eat again, and returning from the boat in a foul mood, I had a big rant about some staff issues I was not happy with... I then left the bar to go and finally get some food... Ordering a veggie calzone pizza to takeaway... it ended up coming with ham... and I lost my rag..  Walking out of the bar swearing and shouting at the staff was probably not my proudest moment... and I shall not be going back there in a while..

Open Water course finished yesterday, and straight on to Advanced today.... 5 more dives and maybe I'll have a couple of days of to relax and shutdown for a bit.... but being Full Moon... I am not sure that'll be the case.

I am glad to hear that my Mum's knee operation went ok... I managed to call her yesterday at her hospital bed, and besides the obvious pain, she seemed in good spirits... Get well soon ma!!!

xx

SD

No comments: