Tuesday 13 September 2011

14th September 2011

Finally an update.

Over the past week, its been full on with the boat... I wanted to finish it as it had been dragging, and the ceremony is in 4 days...

So pretty much all we have been doing is welding, welding, welding... most days just me and Jen (and maybe some kids hanging around) up at the construction area.





Nathan took some video on his stills camera the other day... here it is...



 Apart from bad weather hampering things on a couple of days... we have been able to just plough through, coming home tired and shattered most nights.


Above is an adapted bin bag, that Petra (another instructor) implemented as an impromptu rain coat... very nice!!

The construction area is located near the post office, and since I constantly think about the missing parcel... I decided to go down and talk to them.....

Now the guy in the post office is not the most friendly fellow. Trying to explain to him about the missing parcel was annoying, especially since he made it as difficult as possible. Anyway, eventually he allowed me to look through the delivery book for the past month (thankfully no data protection act!!)... Scouring through the book, my name was not to be seen... but then I came across a delivery for "Matt Bolton, Crystal Dive" which had not been signed for...

I asked the postmaster if I could look at the parcel... he wanted to see my passport... I asked if he could just see my name on it... eventually he looked, and...... YES it was the parcel that Roy (my bro) had sent about 6 weeks ago!! I was so pleased... I rushed home to get my passport, and 7 baht  storage fee (cheeky gits!).

Now, I am in the possession of some toothpaste, mosturiser (which Jenny loves!), choc chip cookies... and PICALLILLI !! I love the stuff, and am building myself up to buying a french baguette and some cheese... and smother it with the picallilli.... its making me hungry now!!

Along with the food bonuses, there was a beautiful picture that Emily had drawn, and a photo and letter from Mum & Del.. Thanks guys! It was tortuous waiting for it... but so happy I finally found it!!

Back to our coral boat... yesterday, 7 more hours spent welding... and its finally complete!! Now, with deployment in the next couple of weeks... we wait and see what happens...

Righto... I am off to have a Cheese & Picallilli baguette.... and maybe a choccie biccie!



x

SD

3 comments:

Roy said...

Yehhhh!!!! Maybe it's my fault, the way I addressed it?? Glad you've got it bro. x

Unknown said...

No worries bro!

It was worth the wait..! And I still haven't had time to purchase a french baguette and some cheese to make that "special" sarnie!!

x

SD

Roy said...

Best you get time for that special sarnie then!!!