Friday 9 September 2011

7th & 8th Sept 2011

I've been busy teaching Open Water with 3 lovely individuals.  2 American Airline pilots, Dan & Sarah and a Parisian girl Caroline.

They breezed through academics, confined and the exam.  Taking them diving was a pleasure, infact they were so good it was just like taking fun divers out, apart from the skills.    Shame not all students are the same ;-)

Last night we all met 'Vibe Lounge' to watch their Open Water movie.  We all sat down on a long sofa and watched intently and giggled away.  I love watching my students.  When you're leading, you don't catch everything they do in front of the camera and I was in hysterics when Dan came up to the camera and started to do some air guitar ...not what I expected at all.

Watching them made me feel very proud especially when at Buoyancy World they swam through the buoyancy rings perfectly and under the big octopus's legs.  They were better than some of the advanced divers I've taught.

After far too many G&T's we said our goodbye's and headed home to bed.

Tomorrow, Simon & I are heading down to the Buoyancy World construction site for more metal bending and welding.

1 comment:

Roy said...

It's good to hear that your teaching skills are working!! xxx