Friday 29 May 2009

At the airport


Hey guys,

Well, we are waiting at Auckland airport, and have gone through check in.

This time I stayed cool, and pleaded lenience with Qantas due to British Airways completely landing us in the smelly stuff. They were extremely helpful and understanding. They took photocopies of our itinerary, and after a bit of chatting to other people, charged us a paltry $84 which equals about £30...! I must say I was totally stunned seeing as the weight we are over is 85kg... Many thanks to Qantas for this.... now we only have to repeat the process one more time in 6 weeks on our way home.

My final thoughts on New Zealand. Its quiet, beautiful... stunningly so... and few and far between towns where you can do stuff. Great place if you like walking through hills, or checking out scenery. But for me, being the kind of person that I am, I need more stimulus, and I now realise how much I despise big cities, traffic, cars etc.

Being on Koh Tao running full steam doing something every minute of every day, working our butts off studying, diving, assisting, climbing, paintball, motorbiking...was hard but so rewarding, and I think New Zealand has a much slower pace of life than we have been used to these last 4 months. Its hard to adjust.

Anyway, 2850km travelled in New Zealand at a breakneck speed, White Island and the Canyon Swing were major highlights, and we look onwards to further adventures in Australia. Hotel tonight and pick up new camper tomorrow. See you on the next internet connection!!!

SD

3 comments:

RogerD said...

Sounds like you'll both need a holiday when you get back! Glad you sorted the excess baggage trauma on the leg to Oz but I think you'll have an uphill struggle with BA when you get back. I assume you'll be checking emails soon so I'll write about this in a separate message. Despite lack of comments or posts, we are enjoying following your adventures around the world and look forward to you getting back in July when you can start to get bored again..... xx

Roy said...

Glad to see you got through without paying a fortune. What do you have planned for Oz land?

Unknown said...

Planned for Australia is head to head to Sydney for the 12th of June... thats the only place we need to be.... along the way popping into some relatives of Jens... so after todays look around Melbourne I shall be glad to get to the coast again!!!

SD