Thursday 28 May 2009

Day 12 Camper - The End of New Zealand (and a RANT!)

We camped at a park near the caves last night, and woke up to a nice sunny day. We then drove 200km into the centre of Auckland where trying to park a camper van turned out to be a £^$*ing nightmare.!

The reason for this, was that British Airways have passed the buck, and have put the blame for excess baggage charges we had to pay in Bangkok (300 quid!) in the hands of Qantas. After visiting their offices in central Auckland and speaking to them... I disagree. British Airways itinerary is wrong, and they know its wrong because they have recently added a sentence to the itinerary stating that other airlines determine my baggage allowance also.... Now this was not on my itinerary that I printed out before we left the UK, and I am now starting to smell something rotten in this whole fiasco.

The only evidence I have, is our itinerary which I printed from BA's website before we left the UK, and I guess I had better guard it with my life because when tomorrow comes and we have to board a flight to Melbourne, we could potentially be having to fork out £2500 for excess baggage charges.... Oh joy!! Legal battle when I come back then.....

Anyway, now parked on the outskirts of Auckland, having a beer and trying to calm down!

Next stop Melbourne!

SD

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

My god, that went quick.
these big companies always try to get every last penny from you, stay calm and safe.
Love
Mumsy and Delsy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roy said...

Damn, Mum got the first post in!!!

Don't worry bro - if you've got the original T&C's that you booked the flight with you, you shouldn't have a problem - unless somewhere in there, it says that they are 'subject to change at any time'? If not, take them to court and bleed them dry. BA are struggling fiancially at the moment and they will use any trick (like most big companies) in the book. Fight them, like I have with Sky (twice). Worry about it when you need to, enjoy what you've got left travelling together. x