Tuesday 20 December 2016

16th December 2016

This week I've been mostly working with the Dive Master trainees  ..or should I say candidates  ..as that's what we have to call them now according to PADI

Monday I did a dive site clean up with only a couple of people and then on Tuesday I did a Reef Check Intro / full course.  Reef Check is a standardized monitoring method used worldwide to see how the coral reefs are doing, We not only monitor Coral but Fish and Invertebrates.  It's a great course and I do the Intro (day 1) with usually about 6 DMT's and then out of that, there is usually 1 or 2 people who sign up for the whole course.  This last week I've been teaching a lady called Janine who was a joy to teach as she was so enthusiastic about everything  ..too much at times but I can't knock her for that.   Han Song the chap on the right did the course last year with Kirsty our old flatmate.  He came along just to help out which was just lovely.

Celebratory beer with new Reef Checker Janine


Saturday for some odd reason I agreed to do 'Adopt A Coral' which meant diving in the afternoon on my day off.  It wasn't so bad a Simon agreed to come along and take photo's of the adopted coral being selected and then the transplantation onto 'Tilly the Turtle' structure.

Transplanting onto Tilly the Turtle

The chosen coral

No comments: