Wednesday 5 October 2016

5th October 2016

Wednesday and it already seems as though it's been a long week.

I've been pretty busy with the DMT's and Nicole, my eco intern.  Today, I thought it would be good to get her to make some sort of structure that we can deploy at our artificial reef, Junkyard and then transplant corals onto it.

She's been thinking about this for a few days and came up with the idea of a turtle, as Koh Tao is 'Turle island'.  So having worked out the rough measurements etc we met up at 9am this morning and bought the necessary rods, reebar etc which were delivered an hour or so later down at Crystal.  In the meantime I had organised the DMT's to come and help  ..so it was up to her to delegate and get things done  ...I did from time to time go down and interfere, I just couldn't help myself,  ..as she/they didn't seem to get getting anything done and she's only had the DMT's help for a couple of hours.

Anyway, as the DMT's were only there till 12.30 and our so called professional welder, Belha didn't show up at all this morning (sick)  ..I grabbed Will, a DM who had as much experience with a welder as I had for moral support and attempted welding the legs on but it just wasn't working and then a miracle happened, my 2nd attempt  ..I cracked it!.  2 legs on and then came the rain LOL

What to do :-D

The turtle finally coming together

No comments: