Saturday 30 January 2016

29th January 2016

It's been over a week since we arrived back in the UK.    Si's joined the gym which he's been going to daily and I've been out and about on my bike which I've found a lot harder, especially in the cold & wind.  So different from the heat of Koh Tao.

Simon's been working continuously on various projects  ..he's never really off his PC with one thing and another.   He's been editing footage from our Komodo trip back in April.  It seems such a long time ago but what great memories :-D  We'll be posting some links soon :-D

We've managed to catch up with most of Simon's family which is brilliant. They're all well and it was really lovely to see them all.   I need to arrange to meet up with my big sis Jan & family in Sussex and hopefully meet my new great niece, Emily Rose :-)


The weather has not been too bad  ...wet & windy but it's been mildish ...compared to when we first got back.  I think we've adjusted.

My sister's tea room reopened on the 26th, so I've helped Rosie out with a Costco & Macro run and Fiona and I have done some tidying outside if the Tea room, cleaning windows, brushing up the moss etc  ...it's looking much neater and more inviting.  Fiona took me shopping to Basingstoke for an hour or so the other day. I really enjoyed the novelty of being able to shop for anything you wanted but after a couple of hours, I had my fill.

This afternoon we popped to the 'Lock up' (storage place) as Simon had to locate tapes that he needs to work on.   It's been 6 months since we last open up our unit. There were a load of dopey old flies on the ceiling but apart from that, all's well.

No comments: