Sunday 9 November 2014

7th November 2014

I must say that it was a very productive day.  

Simon drove me down to the Vets (Noistar Thai Animal Rescue Foundation) where I decided to volunteer a few hours of my time.

You see on Koh Tao there is no RSPCA, no PDSA, no animal's shelters, no sanctuaries, and before this clinic, virtually no medical care of any kind for animals.  So in July 2004, with the support of local volunteers, the first permanent vet clinic opened.  The clinic has a resident Thai vet, Dr Jae and is completely self funding. Monies are raised via events in the UK funnily enough and on the island and all the money donated goes directly to the clinic which is brilliant.  They do an incredible job and I think it would be good to help out from time to time.  It's something different anyway.




After the vets, I popped into the Eco Koh Tao office where Simon set up base to concentrated on his UK work.  He's been cooped up for the past few days, so needed to get out of the house. 

While at the office, I caught up with Linda and we went on a bit of a cleaning spree (2 hrs)  The office was really dirty and I just couldn't help myself  ..by the time we'd finished, we definitely needed to relax by the Regal pool.   Simon caught up with us a little later.







2 comments:

rosie posie said...

That's my pool Jen. Looks inviting...!
Charles said you want to look after animals, you can come and look after the cows while he has his hip done.....! : ) : ) :) XXxxxx
Free accommodation !

jenny said...

I know it's your pool Rosie ..we're looking after it for you :-D
LOL ...I knew Charles would comment on that!! ...so tempting!!!