Saturday 28 June 2014

25th June 2014

These past few days I've felt a bit home sick which is very odd for me  ..I think with Joel (our Nephew) getting married and a few other things   ...we both feel as though we need a break of some sorts which we'll have to arrange very soon.

I've been teaching Open Water with an English guys and 2 French girls.  As the French didn't speak much English, I had a new French Instructor, team teaching  It worked quite well but for some reason my guy thought he was told to turn up at 1.45pm for dives 1 & 2 when he should have been there for 11.45  ..perhaps lost in translation  ..anyway, I had an easy time, just had to listen in on the briefings trying to make sure that everything was covered and then critique after  ...luckily the girls were pretty good, so the new instructor had a relatively easy time with just a couple of tweaks here and there.

So after finishing the French girls course in the morning, I went straight out on the boat for Dives 1 & 2 with the chap ...he had hardly any issues which made my life really easy.  So back on land, I finished work at 8pm as I was on late shift, so after a 13 hr day, I was shattered and cycled home, showered, had something to eat and went to bed ready for another early morning.  

The next day, Dives 3 & 4 were easy, this time I had his girlfriend with us, she decided to do all the skills that he had to do, just for a bit of practice  ..it was fun.  Visibility wasn't brilliant but I think everyone had a good time.   The weather was bit unpredictable this morning and I did offer the guy a sea sickness pill but guys being guys, didn't want one  ..I took one, so did his girlfriend and the only one that was sick was him ...I had no sympathy and couldn't help but laugh    ...I'm so cruel!

On to Advanced Open Water with them both (Tom & Lauren) tomorrow.

No comments: