Wednesday 14 May 2014

14th May 2014

We've both had the last few days off.   Things have very quiet at Crystal which has been nice.  I think once the Full Moon party goers hit Koh Tao today/tomorrow it'll be a different story.  

I've spent the lasts few days pottering about on the bike, swimming, a little bit of snorkeling and generally spending time away from Crystal.   It's good to take a break and I think I needed some ME time.

Hin Wong Bay




Yesterday I left the house and did a bit more exploring of the island  ..I decided to go to Hin Wong Bay which is on the south east of the island







We have been there a few times with the dive boat, but I've never cycled there.  I must admit that the hill climbs were a bit too steep and went on forever, so I left my bike and walked the majority of the way.  I didn't feel so bad when I saw some motorbikes struggle up the hill. 









The Beach

The beach itself wasn't fantastic, very gravelly and rocky.  With what I could see, there were only a couple of beach bungalows and a small bar.    I don't think that many people call in to have lunch/drinks   ..the road in was definitely for the more experienced bike riders.

I do think it was rather cheeky for the bar to charge 50bht /buy a drink to use the beach.
The Beach Bar

2 comments:

Roy said...

Good to explore!

rosie posie said...

I don't think I could have cycled but would have been happy to walk with you. one day Jen. Lovely to see pics, reminds me of our walk...XXXx