Wednesday 23 April 2014

23rd April 2014 - Samui Break Catchup

As always, we are busy little bees... and a couple of days after the Tickells left, we headed to Samui for a 3 day break to celebrate Tina's birthday.

Catching the ferry in the morning, we headed to Cocooning Hotel, a small boutique place run by a friend of ours called Dave.

Being a classic Essex boy, he welcomed us with open arms, and lots of swear words.

That night was Walking Street night, where the main road turns into 1 big market full of goodies, so we sat outside Daves bar and watched people go by while playing cards, and me doing a few card tricks on the guys.



After drinking quite a bit of Strawberry flavoured Tequila... I could keep my eyes open no longer and headed to bed.

The next morning, we chilled by the pool for a bit, and then Carsten and I went to the pub to watch F1 qualifying... then it was over to Chaweng district for some wine and cheeses at a restaurant called Wine Connection... being on Koh Tao, we don't have much selection of wine or cheese... so we may have over ordered!



Next stop was back to the pub, where many games of cards were playing, and Jen and I retired about midnight.

The following day was filled with pool lounging, F1 racing, and then it was cinema time. We went to see Noah, which we all left quite dissappointed with... not recommended. In fact I was more interested in our taxi ride home which had its own laser light show!!


Thats was it... our Samui journey completed... The following day we heading back to Koh Tao and straight back into dive courses!!

xx

SD






2 comments:

rosie posie said...

Wow you look good Jen. I see Simone is up to his card tricks again : ) : ). I remember Dave's place. we stopped there for a couple of hours before heading to Koh Tao for a beer or two. Was intending to go and see Noah, saw Philomena last night. Great to see you all having catch up time. Say 'hi' to them all Spread my 'love around''' You know what I mean. : ) Ehhhhhhhh

Unknown said...


I remember Dave and his wife, he was very funny.
Good to hear that you had a short break from work, you both work too hard. Love and miss you loads xxxxxxxxxxxxxx