Monday 14 April 2014

12th April 2014

Snorkeling trip today!!!   We hired the Crystal fishing boat to go out diving/snorkeling around the island.  This time our route took us to 'Tanote Bay' which was Chloes choice as she'd not snorkeled around it the other day.  While we all went off snorkeling, Simon set up all our dive equipment and then when got back was practicing his free diving.  He managed to get down to over 11mtrs ..I was impressed.  Free diving is something I don't really find appealing to be honest as I'm not that good at holding my breath.  On our way to our 2nd location, Aow Leuk, we had lunch. I'd bought some tuna & egg rolls and Fi had bought some tasty water melon and banana's.




Iona and I went for a little dive.  She used my alternate air source. She did brilliantly.  We went down to around meter and we saw multiple fish, starfish and sea cucumbers .  The only time we came up was when Iona signaled to say she had a sore mouth from my mouthpiece as it was too large.  Once back at the boat, both Chloe and Iona went for a little surface bubble with me in the middle using my snorkel and we ventured all the way into shore and back again.

While this was all happening, Simon and Chris went for a dive and Fiona followed myself and the girls around.

Our last stop was Three Rocks. Simon, Chirs and I all went for a dive while the girls and snorkeled and jumped in from the boat.  We planned it so we'd be out of the water by sunset  ..but due to heavy cloud cover, there wasnt much of a sunset.

Going out on the boat for the day was just lovely.  It's really relaxing and picking when & where you want to go is just bliss.

Back at Crystal, salty and damp, we sat and had a few beers and then headed to 'Pranee's' for food.  Being out on the boat for most of the day is pretty exhausting, I don't know how the girls kept awake.






2 comments:

rosie posie said...

Oh wow Simone, I would love to free dive with you. I love pushing myself especially holding my breath under water. How brilliant. Action packed day, I bet being on the boat must have been great. Well done girls can't believe all you have done. Totally wicked ....!!!!! Sun shining here, off to Macro. Slightly different!!!!! hugs to you all xxxx

rosie posie said...

Just had word form Chris on way to Bangkok. Hope parting was not too emotional Jen.....? What an amazing holiday, I am so happy for you all to have had such a good time. Watch out for next year. My free diving is on top of my list...! I'm gona be a fish just like Nemo. How is Nemo, did he fit? Hugs and love Jen XXX