Friday 21 February 2014

20th February 2014



My last Open Water course was with only 3 students, 2 Italians who I later found out squatted in Brixton, London and worked as a chef and a bar man and a 18yr old chap from Tanzania, who seems to very knowledgeable for his age.  It certainly was an odd mix and I did a lot of shouting but thankfully they were very good in the water.  Julian, the young chap from Tanzania is now doing a two week Eco Intership, so I’ll be assisting on Reef Check and taking him out on some Eco dives …I think he must be sick of me now :-D

So today I got up nice and early 6am and cycled in to Crystal.  I was supposed to have two students for a super quick course.  Confined pool session in the morning, followed by academics and then on the afternoon boat for dives 1 & 2  …Unfortunately only one of the guys showed up, the other was still out partying.

After a very easy confined session, I took the one student that I had to do his swim test and float.  Just as the float was coming to an end, the missing student showed up  …he was very apologetic, blamed it on a girl and that he’d been really stupid.  I just agreed with him.  I could still smell alcohol on his breath, so there was no way I was going to take him diving today but he did want to finish all his academics, so I sat down in the restaurant with them both, reviewed their knowledge reviews and got them to do the final exam.   As the chap I took in the pool wasn’t on any time consraint, he decided to delay his diving by another day, so by the end of the morning, I went from two students to none LOL
This afternoon I'm sat at home with Simon who’s busy with UK work as usual   ..oh well ;-D

News on Mr Grasshead.  He's now had a haircut and is looking definitely more presentable.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mr Grasshead looks very happy with his haircut xxxxxxx