Wednesday 22 January 2014

22nd January 2014





The last 4 days we've both been teaching Open Water.   It's been rather busy since full moons and teaching 21 people in  a classroom was slightly challenging at times, especially when half of them had hardly any sleep in the last 24hr.  I think that every instructor that taught in this period is very pleased it's over.  There were some nightmare students  ..I think I was the luckiest, my guys were good  ..only a couple of late shows, but all in all, pretty good.


Since Rosie left, it's all been a bit quiet.  Seems very odd not to see her everyday.  Today is my first day off since she's left and after doing some household chores I was stuck with what to do  ..so decided to cycle into Sairee to have brunch (egg roll & coffee) and then thought I'd go for a bit of a trek  ....Simon, the night before had suggested that I walked the 'Wild Challenge' an up and coming tough man event through the jungle that Nathan (Eco Nath) has put together with the help of Simon and a few others.    






So after brunch, I cycled back along the main road towards Maehaad , parked my bike at the bottom of "Sunset View' and slowly made my way up the hill  ...boy did my calves hurt!!!
After reaching the top, Sunset View was off to the right and then directly in front of me was some sort of power station ..so after snooping around, I came across this 'No Entry' sign  ...recognizing the poster, print etc, this was going to be my route  ..I just wish Rosie was here, it would have been so much more fun.






Being on my own and not knowing what was ahead was pretty exciting.  Was I going to encounter any snakes, monitor lizards, what would happened if I slipped and knocked myself out  ..no one would know where to find me  .....Listen to me, talk about get carried away  ..the route was fine, small steps had been dug out, a couple of steep bits but nothing life threatening  ..mind you I did fall on my bum on the way down   DOH!!!!


I must say that there were some fabulous views along the way.  It was brilliant to be in the jungle exploring, so good to get away from the noise of everyday life  ..reminded me of walking through the woods at home :-D


Just after passing this sign I heard something in tree's  ...branches breaking and speed gathering something was ahead of me  ..I quickened my pace, then in the corner of my eye caught sight of the  most dangerous dogs on Koh Tao!

If you let them, they'd lick you to death!

One of the cargo nets handmade Simon 

 Sunset View

A welcome stop after my jungle trek

3 comments:

rosie posie said...

Wish I was there Jen, it looks and sounds as good as our walk. No monitor lizards then only 2 JR Lizards. No comparison!!!!! Still feeling a bit tired and dry cough but was all worth it. Miss you lots XXXX

jenny said...

It wasn't as long or as hard as our walk ..Im sure there were a few snakes but probably just walked over them LOL. Yes, it takes time to adjust, dont over do it Rosie xx Miss you too

Unknown said...

The walk sounded amazing, fancy falling on your bum. xxxxx