Tuesday 3 December 2013

03 December 2013

Can't believe it's December already, the year has gone so quickly!

It's the first time we'll be on Koh Tao for Christmas which will be interesting.  I'm certainly going to miss being surrounded by family, good food, the Christmas build up and funnily enough, the cold ...I don't think it'll quite be the same :-D    ...will Santa know where I am/we are if we're not at home??  ...I do hope so.

The last couple of days I've been out and about on my mountain bike exploring the island.  I've come to realize that I'm not as fit as I thought I was, I definitely need to cycle more and especially work on my hill climbs.   Today, I've finally managed to cycle to Haad Tien, the resort where Fiona, Chris, Chloe and Iona will be staying :-D ..it's been nearly 3 years since I went to that bay and a lot has changed ...there used to be nothing apart from a little shack selling soft drinks and now the whole bay has been built up  ..I must say that it's probably one of the prettiest and well laid out resorts on the whole of Koh Tao

Oh, I've also been swimming every day.  I'm not the strongest of swimmers, so it's been a challenge to get enthusiastic about it.  So to make it more interesting, half way through doing lengths, Simon and I play with our Waboba (ball that bounces/skims on/across the water) It's great fun and breaks up doing lengths :-D

I haven't been teaching much as it's been so quiet, I have done the odd day of ECO with the DMT's (Dive Master Trainee's) but that's about it.  Poor ole Simon has been working non stop on multiple challenges and projects..  He's tired now and for the last couple of days, to add to everything has had a sore ear from the pool water.  All he wants to do at the moment is have some time to go diving again..


No comments: