Sunday 10 March 2013

11th March 2013

The internet is back!!

I must have jinxed it...

The morning of the 8th, the doctor came to see me... the latest blood test showed no decline although my liver levels had rockets (coping with the Dengue aftermath). He said I was well enough to head back to Koh Tao and rest. I was quite pleased as I had felt like I was in prison... plus the food was horrendous, even though I had no appetite..

Jen had already left that morning, without knowing that I was being discharged. I caught the afternoon ferry, sleeping most of the way, and then made my way back to the apartment. After that I don't remember very much.... I was so exhausted just from the journey.. I slept almost non stop for another 24 hours!

The last couple of days I have just been a couch potato... Watching movies like Life of Pi, The Hunger Games, Taken 2... Some were good, some not so... But I am still getting bored. Especially as the internet decided to break.. One swift call to the landlord yesterday seems to have done the trick as it came back this morning.!

Jenny was supposed to work yesterday, but by mid day her student had not showed up so she went fun diving with friends. I was itching to get out, so went to meet her after the dives. An hour or so out and I got an almighty headache (getting a lot of those at the mo.).. So it was time to head home, and more sleep..

Blood test in 2 days will hopefully show good recovery, the tiredness and other symptoms are just going to take time...

Oh, and HAPPY MUMMYS DAY for yesterday... !

xx

SD


1 comment:

Roy said...

Get well soon!