Wednesday 10 October 2012

9th October 2012

It's been a crazy week.  I helped out with a load of Chinese Open Waters.  Luckily I didnt have to do any of the acadmics and their English was limited but assisted on th confined and took 6 for the actual open water dives which was very interesting, seeing they only just got through their swims & floats.  The first 3 dives were breifed by Suki, our Chinese instructor but I decided to do the last and I think all n all, went pretty well. 

After expecting to take a couple of the Chinese for the Advanced course, I was given 4 lads of different nationalities which was good, all very good in the water, not all newly qualified :-D

Day 1 were had 3 dives, Navigation, Peak Performance Buoyancy & then a Night dive.  The 2nd day, there was a special trip on to Sail Rock, which I'd not been there for at least 18months, so I was very excited when the guys decided to upgrade.

A long journey but lunch was included and a double dive, so everyone was happy especially seeing 3 Bullshark  ..which were massive.  I was pretty nervious, they were very curious and stayed close to the reef edge.  I has all sorts of scenarios going through my head ;-D

The 2nd dive was much better, less people and just an adrenalin rush , just wish Simon was there with me to share the experience instead of teaching Rescue and being really busy with UK work.


2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I bet Simon was abit peeved, sadly he alway seems to miss them xxxx

Roy said...

Mmmmm, not fair! ;(