Wednesday 28 March 2012

29th March 2012

Its been a few days..

Let me first say a big thank you to all the lovely people who sent cards and gifts to me... it was very nice..

Jenny got me lots of stuff... I got a torch, keyring, some boardies, a bounce on water ball, picallilli, and some KP peanuts!!

I started an Open Water course the day after my birthday (with a massive hangover!)... Luckily the 1st day is all classroom academics.  I had 3 students who were wonderful learners.. they picked everything up with ease... although I constantly teased them by calling them Team Retard.




As I was finishing the course, Jen started an open water course... so we have not had much time to spend together. I also immediately picked up a cold (MAN FLU!!) and spent 2 days laying on the sofa trying my best to feel as sorry for myself as possible.

Birthday shout outs go out to Dad, and Aunty Pat... who both celebrated their birthdays in the last couple of days.

Yesterday, after boredom had kicked in, I headed out to Junkyard to try diving... going down was fine... Going up... ouch... I had a reverse sinus block.  Air gets trapped in the sinuses, and cannot escape as you ascend, expanding inside the sinuses. Needless to say, painful... and it took about 14 hours including a night of sitting on the couch with massive headache and toothache before I heard a nice hiss in my head where the air had finally come out... Phew...  Residual pain is still there... Jen response "I told you not to go..." did not meet with the best reception..

So... it looks like another couple of days out of the water.. but I have UK work to get on with...

On another note... the countdown commences still Roy arrives!! WOOOOOOOHOOO!!!

x

SD

5 comments:

Roy said...

Yep - not long to go now! I can only hope you won't be as busy whilst I'm there!!

Unknown said...

don't worry bro.. I shall be taking time out to concentrate on you!

Roy said...

That sounds GAY! Email me a shopping list of stuff you want me to bring with me (but not a trolley load).

Roy said...

Obviously I mean stuff for both you & Jen...marmite? Pickle? Toothpaste? etc etc

Unknown said...

Marmite!! Don't swear at me!!

I shall speak to Jen and maybe order a few goodies!

x