Friday 23 March 2012

23rd March 2012

Simon had a great Birthday!  He got back from doing surface cover just after noon and as no one had checked in for Open Water, he had the afternoon off.  YAY!!!

After opening all of his card and prezzies, we had a bite to eat and Si just collapsed on the sofa and snoozed, he was shattered :-D   So, this was a lucky break for me :-D   I walked down to Crystal to collect my bike as I had to pick up his Birthday cake, but then realised by the time I ride into Sairee, pick up the cake it would have melted, so I managed to get a bargain of a taxi there and back.  With cake in the restaurant at Crystal, I then cycled home.  Boy it was hot!   Most of the afternoon was just spent chilling, we had no electric until around 4pm, so the less we did the cooler we were.

Early evening we headed down to Crystal for a beer or two.  It was pretty quiet but thankfully Si was in deep conversation, so I zoomed to the Crystal restaurant to get the cake and then ran down to Whitening and back as fast as I could so he didn't suspect anything.   Puffing and panting, Si asked "Where have you been?"  .."Oh, just to the loo and chatting to one of the DMT's about stuff"     Mission accomplished! 

Around about 8pm we jumped on the bike and headed down to the restaurant  ...sat at the bar and had a Mojito and then 5 mins later the gang turned up, Cormac, Tim, Carsten, Tina, Helen, Johannes, Tracey, Manu and Satia  ...I think Si was genuinely surprised.

The food was really good and then they brought the cake out ..candles burning brightly we all broke into song  ...Happy Birthday to you    ....Argh, Si was delighted :-D

Birthday cake half eaten and boxed up again, we all paid and then headed to 'Vibe' to join in the Snorkel Test that was going on for the newly qualified Dive Masters  ...all the action, drinking games etc had finished by the time we arrived so we sat out on one of the benches where Si was bought shot after shot by everyone which he loved NOT!!  

By the time we got home, I went to make a much needed cuppa and by the time I'd switched on the kettle, Si had passed out  ...That's Birthdays for ya!!!

3 comments:

Roy said...

Nice to see all the cards - who bought the BEEF gravy granules?? I hope you liked the pic of Emily & Thomas.

Unknown said...

I think you need to go to your supermarket and check the "suitable for veggie" sign on Bisto Red Box...!!!!

;-)

SD

p.s. And yes... thanks for the piccie!!

RogerD said...

And on my birthday, I got a Colin Cake, very sweet and choccie overdose....... Think I'm going off pigs now x