Thursday 23 June 2011

21/22nd June 2011

It's been an enoyable but tiring couple of days. We've both been teaching  Advanced Open Water.

Si started on Monday and as I didnt have much to do, tagged along for the first of 5 adventure dives.

Fortunately, as the group had chosen different dives, I was able to help out and take one of the students on the 2nd dive for their PPB (Peak Performance Buoyancy) which worked out really well as the other two were doing Fish ID.

After what seemed a never ending day and back on dry land we packed away our dive kit and Si met the students to complete log books. They had a 7am start so headed off home. 
Si and I on the other hand grabbed a refreshing beer before headed to Vibe with Carsten & Tina for a game of Settlers of Catan and food.   

Tuesday morning, Si left early, I managed to sneak an extra hours sleep in as I didnt have to meet and greet my students at Crystal until 9am.  Academics completed, we broke for lunch before packing bags and heading out on the afternoon boat for their Navigation and PBB dives

On our return we had an hour or so break before going on a Night dive which was brilliant.  We saw stingrays, cuttle fish, ocotpus and an indian walkman.  The students loved it and I think it was one of the best night dives I've done in a long time.  After a choppy journey back we headed straight home as I had an early start the next day.

 I left Simon in bed asleep early and walked to Crystal.  Todays dives were at Chumphon & Red rock which were both amazing.  Visibility was perfect and both students said they couldnt have wished for a better finish to their course, which is nice to hear.  They'd done so well and for me it was brilliant to see how much they'd improved and learnt.

2 comments:

Roy said...

Sounds like you've been very busy. Hey, I'm Number 1!

Unknown said...

I know... by a frigging mile!

x

SD