Tuesday 19 April 2011

Songkran Festival

As you may know, the Thai New Year falls on 13th April, and the way they celebrate it is to throw water absolutely everywhere... add to that some baby powder and tiger balm... and you have a messy day.!

This year, due to the floods, there was no shortage of water, so everybody had a blast with water pistols, buckets of ice water, fire hoses!! This is the day where you have to be extra careful riding the bike as they aim for the face.

I blocked my ear up with cotton wool, to prevent it getting wet, but I was fighting a losing battle that day, every shot seemed to hit me right there.

Here are some photos I managed to blag, as there was no way I was carrying anything electronic that day....

Safety Stop
Big Blue Diving

After 12 hours of touring Safety Stop, Big Blue Diving, and Fish Bowl... we retired very early and wrinkly from all that time being wet.

3 comments:

Roy said...

Tiger balm? What an odd thing to throw at people...Please tell why they use that? Is it because of it's sticky consistency or some sort of ancient tradition?

Unknown said...

Nope... cos it burns and they like to see the reaction...

Simple.

x

SD

Grumpette said...

Looks like fun. I wish I was there!!!