Saturday 5 June 2010

Day 120 - 3rd June 2010

I woke around 9.30 to find Si working on his laptop.  He'd been up since around 7am

I was feeling much better, the swelling had almost gone and I found walking semi comfortable.

So after a shower we went out for breakfast to 'Cafe Corner' in Sairee for poached eggs on toast and a smoothy.   The ride down wasnt too bad as I supported most of my weight on the footpegs and right hand on the back of the bike to take most of the impact from bumps & holes in road.

Back at home, I finished off all the Reef Check slates for Nathan that needed re-marking as they'd become pretty faint over time and an hour or so into doing that I turned around and Si was snoozing on the bed.

It's pretty boring when you're not diving and can't go swimmng so I think Im going to find the next week a real struggle.  I think I might see if I can sit on some academics, equipment specs or see if there's anything on the Eco side that I can help out with.  I dont think I can stand another lazy day watching tv...

In the evening, we decided to pop down to Crystal to catch up with people and watch a couple of Open Water movies.  I'm so glad we did as it was great to see everyone and so many people asked how I was feeling which I really appreciated.  I know we've only been away for 48hrs but it felt much longer.  When Carsten & Nathans movies came on I felt guilty as we were supposed to be team teaching and starring in them.  Oh well, I'm sure there be lots of other opportunities.

On the way home we got a takeaway and then watched the Survivor finale.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Good to hear that you are on the mend Jen, take care of yourselves xxxxx

Roy said...

I'm glad to hear you getting better. x