Monday 12 April 2010

Day 67 - 11th April 2010

Simon's students had a late start, 10am and I decided to go down to Crystal with him, hang around and go on the boat in the afternoon.  As Si was doing a quick course with Liran, they were doing 3 short dives.

On the boat it was blistering hot and while Si was on dive 4, I decided to go for a snorkel to cool down.  I borrowed a spare mask & fins and jumped in the water. Today, we'd been at 'Twins' and now we were at 'Japanese Gardens'.  Probably around 5 minutes into my snorkel I spotted an Eagle ray and then another.  I must have snorkelling along side them for at least 10 minutes and then they disappeared.  Five minutes later I spotted another, just on it's own this time.  I was looking for divers underneath me so I could point it out, but sods law, noone was around.  It glided around me for ages until finally something must have scared it and zoomed off into the distance.  Eagle rays are such graceful creatures and I hope they stay around for when I can get in the water with my camera.

After everyone was back on board, we headed back to land, dive kits washed & put away, we gathered at the bar and chatted.   Si's Open Video wasnt on until 9pm, so we went to 'Safety Stop' for a Sunday roast.  Si grabbed a spicy tofu burger.

After wolfing down the food and dashing back to Crystal, Si wanted to go home to bed as he was very tired.. The moment his head hit the pillow, he was out... Meanwhile, I watched an episode of 24.

No comments: