Sunday 11 April 2010

Day 66 - 10th April 2010

Si left just before 9am and I fell fast asleep till about 10am.  It's not much fun not diving and having very little to do, so I read through the Open Water knowledge reveiws/answers and then compiled all the confined/open water skills onto a spreadsheet from both courses that I have assisted on. Just to compare how they differ and how I can maximize the order to save time in the future when teaching.

Around midday I received a call from Jace at 'Deep Down' who needed the port for Si's handicam.  I was sure it was already down there but he insisted it wasn't and said he'd pop down in 10mins or so.  In the meantime, I searched everywhere, the port was nowhere to be seen, Si must have it still in his bag.  I did try calling and texting him but as he was assisting with confined water it was unlikely he'd even hear his phone.

As Jace had difficulty in finding our house, I stood out on the road waiting for him with a cuppa tea in one hand and my phone in the other.   Finally he arrived and parked up.  I told him I couldnt find the port but he asked if he could borrow Si's Z1 as they had no HD camera's to work from.  I carefully packed Si's pride & joy in a towel and carefully put it into Jace's rucksack and told him to look after it as if it were a baby else he'd have to answer to Si ;-)   After a quick cuppa, he headed off.

Later, after washing up, I headed into Sairee for a late breakfast of Museli, fruit and yoghurt and then headed to the clinic to get my ears checked as one is still blocked and Im sick of hearing myself talk and eat.   The nurse took a look in both ears and said that they're both super inflamed and gave me some ear drops to use 3-4 times a day.  I'll just have to wait and see as to whether this helps.

After the clinic I treated myself (Si suggestion) to a foot massage (reflexology)   Boy was it good, I could have spent the whole day in there. Then to my surprise,  once she'd finished, she massaged my neck and shoulders for 10 mins or so which was sheer bliss :-D   I'll certainly be going back there again.   It amazes me that in the UK you'd pay at least £45+ for an hours massage and here it averages around £6 and is far superior.

After my treat I walked home, stopping on the way for water.  Si should be back in the next hour, so I think I might watch some TV to pass the time.

2 comments:

Roy said...

It's good to hear ('pardon' the pun) that you're are feeling better. It sounds as though, those massages are bliss. Tracy would love them and I could do with abit of relaxation.

jenny said...

Got an ear infection now ...typical!! ;-(