Thursday 8 April 2010

Day 64 - 8th April 2010

Today, was a day off.... so we went diving!

2 dives at Twins, with Jen using her camera... I got to play with it for 5 mins and have an encounter with a Triggerfish..

I have uploaded the raw footage so you can see how aggressive they can be.. (and this one is a small one!)




Plus, Jenny took some nice footage of a Porcupine Puffer Fish... bless.




At the end of the 2nd dive, Jen suffered with a "Reverse Block", which is trapped air in the sinuses... very painful.. We spent 15 minutes at 5 metres to try and ease it.. but to no avail.

She has taken some decongestion tablets and is resting in bed.. I doubt she will be diving for a day or 2...

Me, I start another Open Water Course tomorrow....

SD

2 comments:

Roy said...

Great footage bro! After the second attempt, I see that you decide to retreat! Don't blame you. I hope Jen feels better soon, must be very painful. I remember once, when I wasn't able to equalise and found it extremely painful. I stayed at about 5 metres until I could, took a while though. A mate of mine had severe tooth pain when diving, he said he almost passed out!....He had that tooth extracted.

Yvonne said...

Trigger fish look quite harmless till they attack you, the yellow box fish is really pretty and has got lovely big eyes.
Sorry to hear Jenny suffering, sinusitis is so very painful, hopefully she gets better soon.
(Are you sure that trigger fish did'nt get up your nose when you were'nt looking ha ha) xxx