Friday 26 March 2010

Day 51 - 25 March 2010

Jumped on the bike and headed into Sairee, what I forgot to mention yesterday that we found a Ikelite housing for Si's little Sony Hanycam and I've decided to buy it as it's half the price it should be, as it was ordered in by mistake.   So, now I will be filming underwater.  YAY!!!   In comparison to Si's, it's tiny!

Before the boat arrived the beat up truck that carry's Scuba Tanks, got stuck in the sand, so Simon and some DMT etc... helped get it moving... it took a while and looked like hard work!




I'd earlier tested my new camera housing in the pool to make sure it didnt leak  .. then Si mounted the camera inside.

On the boat I was very excited to get in the water and do some filming.  Si didnt take his monster camera out as at the last minute we were asked to lead some fun divers.

Our first dive was at 'Twins'  usually lovely and clear but because of all the coral spawning, it was 5 meters vis tops and very disappointing.  I didint really film anything apart from a couple of Angel fish and clown fish.

The Second dive was at 'Japanese Gardens'  Looking from the boat the vis looked good so I was raring to go.  In the water, the vis deteriorated the further we went so we just circled a small area and lo and behold an Eagle ray gracefully swam past.  Then from out of nowhere all the trainee videographers appeared and were chasing it so they could get a good shot, not really the thing to do but hey, they're still learning, says she, who's only filmed a couple of times :-)  I did managed to get a few seconds of footage though in all the chaos, which I was pretty amazed at as I couldn't see properly as my mask kept on fogging up.

Back on land we washed our kit, reviewed my footage and then dropped my new housing back at 'Deep Down Productions'.  Back at the Crystal bar we watched Tina's open water video for a bit and then shot off to Sairee to meet with Alan & Heidi (our old landlords) for dinner.

After eating and drinking too much we arrived back at home around 9.30pm  ..I really must stop eating when I'm full but the food is just so good...!

Jen
x

No comments: