Thursday 25 March 2010

Day 50 - 24 March 2010

We were on the afternoon boat and pretty excited as we're taking my Nikon D70 stills camera and Simons Z1 HD camera out to film.  After dropping our kit at the boat we went back to 'Deep Down' videographer base to prep our camera's for this afternoons dive.  I didn't have a problem carrying mine but Si's camera weighs 35 kg and is really awkward to carry  ..finally on the boat and set up we arrived at 'Green Rock'  jumped in and the visibility was terrible.   We ended the dive after about 15 minutes as there was no point on filming anything and for some strange reason, my camera wouldn't take any pictures  ...dont know what's going on there.
Back on the boat, we dried my camera and saw that one of the springs had come loose, surely that was the problem but on the second dive at 'Pottery Pinnacle' I was still unable to take any shots.   I think I'll have to get the manual out ;-O  I can't believe that the visibility is so bad, it's just typical!   Oh well, at least we both know that the underwater housings are ok.

Night Dive -  This was our first night dive in over 10 months  ..I wasnt really expecting much as both dives today were pretty rubbish but fortunately it was amazing, Sting rays galore, baby moray eel, tiny crab, huge barracuda, not to mention all the stunning coral that comes alive at night.  I think because Nathan (Eco Warrior) was leading, we noticed so much more.  Coming up from a dive like this reconfirms why we dive.  I no longer cared about the previous two pants dives  ;-D

Back on land we washed & packed our kit away  and then headed to Dirty Nelly's for a drink with Nathan, his wife Tracy and one of his students, Natalie for a beer and then headed home..

Jen
x

No comments: