Friday 20 March 2009

Equipment Failure!




Well, today was a breeze..... sort of...

We were doing reef surveys, teaching students how to do Fish ID, differentiate coral etc.

Unfortunately, as I got off the boat, a piece of plastic fell in the water... so I put my fins and mask on, and dove back into the water to retrieve it... Unfortunately, even though I had my hands covering my mask... the water pressure decided to make my mask implode.!

Needless to say I am fine, bar a couple of cuts, and a slightly swollen area above my eye... I think I was extremely lucky not to have come off worse...!!

SD

2 comments:

RogerD said...

I assume the smile is the relief that you survived any serious injury...!

Unknown said...

You got it.... very lucky..... no permanent injuries.... and cos its my birthday, Jen is buying me a new mask! Sweet!