Thursday 19 March 2009

Encounter


Well, I happy to report that Jen and I have FINALLY seen our 1st...... Whaleshark!!!!

Nearly 400 dives, in some spectacular places, and never quite being there at the right time to see one.... we did today!!

The dive site is called Southwest Pinnacle, about 30 mins boat ride from Koh Tao. We were on a Multi-Level Speciality Dive... dropping down to 30m on our 1st dive, and 26m on our 2nd.

The visibility for the first 15m was pretty bad and then dropping below a thermocline, it became pretty clear. On our 2nd dive, Jen and I went back down, and pottered about for 2o minutes. Then Jen was furiously making signs to me.... I turned around and WOW.... it was about 10 metres away from us..... We watched it for about 10 seconds, swimming past us... before we turned around to alert other groups of divers..... when we turned back it had dissapeared into the poor visibility... Coming up on the boat.... nobody else saw it.... and needless to say.... were pretty gutted!.

2 comments:

RogerD said...

Thank goodness it wasn't hungry.........!!

Unknown said...

If I was plankton.... I would've been worried!!