Saturday 20 October 2018

18th October 2018

Hope everyone is well. 

I still want an elephant!!  LOL

What a wonderful experience my Birthday trip was and I'm still feeling very fortunate to have experienced all those amazing activities.

Back on the island we went straight back into work ..so same, same!!   I've been diving most days, Si's is still working non stop,  social media for Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, designing T shirts, posters, building websites,  updating my website, filming, coral transplanting  ..he has a list that goes never goes down but is always adding to it.  Plus Win from the bar has left.  he's gone back to Burma to see his family and then working in Malaysia.


I got him a T Shirt printed so that he's never for us :-D   He's not actually crying in this photo.

I've been teaching Tim and lady called Halie (another instructor) Reef Check, which is a 4 day training course.  This course teaches them how to use a standardized method to monitoring fish, invertebrate and substrate so that they can participate in surveys worldwide.  It's been challenging at times but fun. They've both learnt a lot and enjoyed the course which is a good thing.  It was odd teaching Tim.  He was very well behaved :-D

Reef Check Course
 After students have done Reef Check and if the students are staying around for a while, I take them out and show them a few  coral transplant techniques, which I don't charge for but I think I might in the future ;-D    As most of them find out, it's a lot harder than it looks, especially to secure the corals to the substrate so the corals have got maximum contact and minimal movement.  After I demonstrate, they 'll have a go with a bit of rubble.  They're usually thinking that they've done a good job when I come along and critique ..usually ending with them starting over :-D

Mr D in action

Tim adamant to get it right


I hope everyone is well and that Mr M is recovering from his fall.

MISS EVERYONE!!!

Lots of love
XXXXXXXXXXXxx

No comments: