Thursday 27 September 2018

15th September 2018 - ME ME ME!!!

Hope everyone is well

September has been a very busy month, not only with lots of family & friends Birthdays but we've been dealing with Eco Interns, courses and a week full of Eco activities.  It's all in aid of AWARE week, which is a celebration of the ocean.  It took place globally from the 15th - 23rd September Aimed at empowering more divers to look after the underwater world. So a week full of conservation activities, pushing conservation specialty courses at reduced prices, creating awareness for vulnerable shark & ray species and empowering local communities to take positive actions for the protection of fragile aquatic environments, tackling pollution by taking positive actions etc 
This is what we do anyway everyday but it was good to have other people help out   ...check out the schedule which we put together..

A weeks worth of  Eco Events

As it was my 50th on the 15th, Simon took me to Koh Samui for a couple of days.  There was no way I wanted to do the island wide clean up, contending with bags of rubbish & collecting debris on my BIG birthday LOL

Simon is amazing, he booked a lovely place called the 'Rocking Chair'  ..no pun intended  LOL

Birthday view from the bedroom-D
All my lovely cards & prezzies
Cuthbert chilling in the pool
I had a thoroughly awesome day.  Simon had done an amazing job with all the decorations (Thanks for sending those over Kate & Roger) ...I was taken back by all of my birthday cards and pressies :-D  It's not so bad being 50 as lots of people love me :-D
After breakfast by the pool, which Simon had prepared, I mulled through my cards and then decided to be dropped off in Chaweng for a foot massage and seeing it was my birthday, I went wild and got a pedicure and manicure.    It was so relaxing and as I was full of cold, it was just what the Dr had ordered.    That evening we went out for a couple of drinks, watched a movie at the cinema and then enjoyed a takeaway back at the apartment with a glass of wine or two.  I had a lovely day!

Back on the Koh Tao, it was full swing into the AWARE Week, seeing we missed the first couple of days. Courses, movies, quiz night, up-cycling days ..so much going on :-D

1 Day Dive Against Debris Specialty Course
Up-cycling our Plastic Bag container
4 Day Reef Check Course
Macrame workshop

Customer making a sign for ECO

Overseeing the AWARE Shark Conservation course 
Simon and I left on the evening of the 22nd as we were off on a visa run to Cambodia.  
We couldn't wait to be honest as it had been a tiring and stressful week for both of us.  I was very excited as to what was in store :-D

No comments: