Tuesday 22 December 2015

22nd December 2015

It's lovely to have a break but there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed :-D

Yesterday I started teaching a Reef Check course which will finish on Christmas eve.  The course itself gives people a greater understanding of the marine ecosystem, identifying, substrates, fish, invertebrates so to participate in Reef Check surveys around the globe.

The student I have, Willliam is only 17 ...I've heard from other instructors that his attention span is very short and you could be in a middle of a dive briefing and he'll just get up and dive off the boat to retrieve a piece of rubbish floating in the sea  ..but I get along with him fine  ..perhaps he's on my wave length!  LOL

Today, the 22nd, we were supposed to be his with severe rain and wind  ...but we've only had a sprinkle  of rain during the night and it's pretty sunny outside at the moment.  Good ole weather predictions...

I woke this morning and Simon was just back from buying croissants to go with our boiled eggs, then he had to pop out again to get the gas bottle refilled as it ran out halfway through boiling the eggs (luckily it happened now and not Christmas day)

Totally spoilt with breakfast, I was handed a lovely sandwich for lunch and told to pack dry clothes, ready for today's downpour,  Si's is the best husband ever!!!

Anyway, after going through presentations with William, I'm going to head off to get my dive kit ready for this afternoons boat.


No comments: