Tuesday 20 October 2015

19th / 20th October 2015

So, continuing from the last post.

We caught a taxi to ChinaTown, where we walked through the flea market. I found some sunglasses (I lost mine a couple of weeks ago). So I haggled hard and came away with 2 for the price of 1. That put a bee in Jen's bonnet, and she set of on a mission to find some flip flops at a bargain... It took 30 minutes but eventually she found some at a good price.

We moved away from ChinaTown and walked a few streets to find the dingy little restaurant that we always visit when we come to KL.

Walking in we sat at the same chairs as we always do and perused the menu (all vegetarian!).



As always, we order a ton of stuff... but Jenny seemed to think it was all hers...



I managed to convince Jen to let me have some. It was a selection of Fried Rice and Barbecue Ribs (fake meat), and Black Pepper steak (fake meat). As always,we stuffed ourselves while the owner (mad as a hatter) put on some old 50's american music and shuffled around in his slippers.

Time to pay, and a bargain as always... we left and picked up a cab to return to the hotel. Stopping at the hotel, we thought we would grab a beer opposite... which turned out to be a rather large beer... but we got to keep the glasses!!



Next stop was bed... waking early the next morning to go Tubing in the Genting highlands about an hour North of KL. 

We met Chen (the owner) at 7am outside our hotel and drove North to a small town where we had a Malay breakfast of Roti and Curry...Jen of course, slept on the way...



 Then we went to the tubing.  I didn't take a camera but Chen took photos along the way so hopefully I should receive them soon, and will upload to Facebook.

The river was cold, rough at times, and I ended up more out of the tube than in... I really need to work on my balance.!!

Reaching the bottom of the white water river a couple of hours later, a bit bruised and battered, we had a cup of coffee and returned to the small town where we had some lunch. Lunch was another local dish called Curry Laksa (spicy noodle soup), and Jen and I thought it was really tasty.!

Then it was time to return to the hotel. We had a great time with Chen... what a great tour guide... I put a nice review on Tripadvisor for his company.. well worth it.

While Jen snoozed for an hour, I looked up cinema times, and then we went out for a quick bite and then to the cinema to watch "The Martian" what a great movie!!

Leaving the movie at 11:45pm... it was time for bed, as we need to leave for the airport the next morning..

x

SD



2 comments:

RogerD said...

Nice visit to KL by the look and sound of it! I found "The Martian" rather so-so. My latest recommendation for you is "11 Minutes" in Polish (subtitled) and English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IlSOg1-6Tk

Unknown said...

Think I will have to wait for that one... newly released...