Saturday 2 May 2015

2nd May 2015

Boy it's been hot!!

Simon and I have started swimming in the mornings.  Today was our tenth day in a row  ..so we're pretty pleased with ourselves.  I'm doing just 40 lengths whereas Si does 50 as he's a lot faster swimmer than I am ;-)   I have been out on the bike a few times and tonight I'm going to out with the cycling gang, probably up to the reservoir  ..the first time in months, so I know it's going to be a tough ride.

The Regal pool

The reservoir  ...there is a great view from the other end :-D

Simon as I type is preparing dinner.  Tonight we will be having a lovely salad.  We've been making our own pickled onions & beetroot but Simon has been amazing with his culinary skills.  He cooks 90% of the time, does most of the shopping and plans  ..I'm not the best.

With it being quiet, I've done quite a lot with the DMT's (Dive Master Trainee's) taking them out to Junkyard, our artificial reef to do coral transplants, a bit of cleaning,  deployed a few structures and have replace the mooring buoy line ..which is my first. 




Simon has been learning a different style of diving called Sidemount diving. This is where the tanks are on your sides and not on your back. He found it very easy since he is already a Technical diver.


Yesterday, we both went to Twins for a couple of dives, and Simon took the drone to flight test it from the boat. It was quite nerve wracking but all was good. Afterwards, we did a couple of dives transplanting coral from our rope nursery, to the newly deployed concrete blocks.





2 comments:

RogerD said...

A nice read and good to see you keeping well fit and eating well with Chef Simon. I'll forgive the split infinitives............xx

rosieposie said...

What great swims we had in that pool,so much fun Goodness you will be so fit! Love the photo's send some of that sun over here...! : ) XxX