Wednesday 25 March 2015

25th March 2015

Well, its time for a catch up.

Jenny woke we the day before my birthday, and said that we were spending a few days there. This came as no surprise to me since I had seen the schedule for friends at the dive school, and a fair few people had already asked me when I was going to Samui..!

So we got on the afternoon boat and spent the journey playing Settlers of Catan. It made the boat ride go nice and quick... Carsten won, as he always does...

Once the ferry arrived we got a taxi to Cocooning Hotel, owned by our friend, Dave.


Checked in, we chilled for a couple of hours watching the Friday Night Walking Street go by (a night market).


Steve had just arrived from the UK, so turned up as a surprise (although I had guessed it again!). After a couple of hours, we went mooching along Walking Street to look at the goods for sales and to get some food... ending up in a Greek restaurant eating falafels that looked like cats poo! 

After our meal, it was back to Cocooning, with lots of drinks bought for me, I just made it till midnight so they could sing Happy Birthday for me...


Waking up the next morning, all of us had headaches, and after opening my prezzies,we thought the best way to solve this would be to do some Go Karting, and some shopping...


With an 800m track and 270cc karts, it was good fun, and damm hot... Steve pulled out after the 2nd race since he was going to pass out with the heat, jetlag, and hangover taking its toll..



After a few races, it was time to go shopping where I bought a new phone to replace my dead one and some bits and bobs that you cannot get on Koh Tao (Bisto gravy, Haloumi cheese etc). Back to Cocooning, Timea and Atilla had popped over from Koh Tao to celebrate.



We then got a taxi to Daves house, where he had been doing a BBQ for my birthday.. with decorations that were sent over by Dad (thanks Pops!)..



Flagging before midnight, we headed back to Cocooning... waking the next day to do the whole Go Karting / Shopping thing again!! What fun!! Atilla was a speed demon and blasted everyone...

That was our days in Samui... The next day it was back on to the ferry with a relaxed feeling and ready for my trip to Bali and Komodo in a few days.


x


SD


3 comments:

rosieposie said...

Sounds like a fun filled day and I m sure your hols away will be even better. Have fun and celebrate with style.Don't forget the pics. XxX

RogerD said...

Looks like life is just one long holiday sometimes...... xx

Unknown said...

I thought that life was meant to be that way? ;-)