Sunday 25 May 2014

26th May 2014

Hey peeps,

Well, island life is getting quiet... It usually does at this time of year, but I think tourism is being affect by the country being under military rule.

How else has it affected us?  Well, we had 2 days where major tv channels were cut off... but sports were back on last night, so I managed to get to watch the Formula 1. BBC and CNN however are still offline...

In the last couple of days I have been helping Jen with a Wreck Speciality course. Since Jen is not qualified, she is essentially learning from me, and will get certified to teach the course afterwards.

Yesterday, I took out some new equipment on the dive (called a pony bottle) that will enable me to dive safely on my own... it was working perfectly and I look forward to using it later this week.

The Wreck Spec ends today with a final dive penetrating the HTMS Sattakut... Jenny has never been inside so it should be an exciting day for her.

The weather is still blistering, the coral is bleaching (again!) and the sunsets are gorgeous...


2 comments:

RogerD said...

Sounds a bit too hot.....!!

rosie posie said...

Wow stunning photo!
I see Jen is now a Specialty Instructor...! She is catching you up Simone...! XXX