Tuesday 16 April 2013

16th April 2013

After a very smooth visa run, it was time for Songkran... the annual countrywide water fight to celebrate the Thai New Year.

While Jen was unfortunately teaching a course, they did manage to finish early and I made my way down to the resort, managing to avoid the multitude of water hoses, buckets, and pistols and arrived completely bone dry :-)

After a couple of hours at the dive school which was like a ghost town, we ventured down to Sairee Village, where all the action was happening..



We ended up at Maya Bar, where they had built a big water slide from the decking of the bar down to the beach. I managed to give myself a nice whiplash by slipping on it and smacking the back of my head on the slide... doh!!

Carsten had a unique way of dealing with the water pistols... by wearing his rash vest and mask... he looked like a gimp... very amusing..


After trying to find somewhere that was serving food... and eating probably the worst thai food ever... Jen and I sneaked off home.. worn out... and it was only 9:30.!!

Last night, Jen had a girls night in with some of her friends... Turfed out on to the streets, I made my down to the bar and ended up having dinner with a few friends... till closing time... Jen was watching tv, gossiping and doing face masks etc... oh what a sight to behold...




Hannibal Lecter????


x


SD

No comments: