Friday 19 October 2012

20th October 2012

Sorry.... A lack of posts again... but we have been very busy bees!!

So I shall recap..

I continued 4 of the Open Water students into the Advanced course, and it coincided with a final trip for this year to Sail Rock! Finally I had a chance to get to see the Bull Sharks!!!

We headed out on a day that was super calm... it was a gorgeous day.




The first dive, I went around the pinnacle of the dive site, and no sharks :-(   However.... on the 2nd dive, I went off the dive site and got to see 2 of them for a brief couple of minutes... it was awesome!


Returning to the pinnacle.... we missed it and ended up diving in the middle of the blue for about 30 minutes.... oh well... it was worth it..!

The next day, it was time to finish off the new coral tranplant structure for Junkyard. Another long couple of long days of welding and cutting. But, it was finally ready to transplant.. We scheduled the deployment for the 19th.

A couple of days before deployment, we attended a Project Aware day for the island, trying to promote the eco stuff that goes on here.


 I got roped in at the last moment to do some presentations about mooring lines.


It went well, and a lot of awareness was raised that day. Hopefully the vibe continues into next year.!


Then it was time for the windmill deployment!




It was a precarious job, using the longtail to get the structure out to Junkyard, and then sliding it off, whilst trying to keep it afloat.... but somehow we managed it. Lots of video taken, so given some time, I can edit it.


Which leads us to last night, where I had been promising a couple of friends that I would make some veggie chilli... 6 people in the end... with me cooking on 2 tiny stoves with 1 saucepan and 1 frying pan... not easy!


They left around 10pm and Jen and I cosied up to a movie.... retiring early.  However, I was up most of the night with 2 really painful toes... It felt like they were going to explode... looks like I have foot rot!! With the water and weather, its pretty common... squeezing a ton of pus out helped relieve the pain...



So today, its off to the clinic for some medication... and no diving.. while Jen finishes the Windmill deployment.


xx

SD


1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Your foot looks really rank, you need to keep off it as much as poss xxxxx