Sunday 8 April 2012

8th April 2012

So,

A quick round up of the last couple of days..

It was Carsten's birthday on the 4th, and we planned to go shoot BB guns at each other.. Unfortunately the place was closed for a week... so Plan B... mini golf.

We played for hours, all getting far too much sun... but was a fun time...




Then it was time to go to the Save Koh Tao meeting, before zooming to Vibe to join in the birthday party antics. We stayed until Carsten fell asleep (too much to drink!) and retired home for the evening.

Next day, I was dealing with video work etc, while Jen went diving...  checking out our coral wreck we designed last year... its looking well.


Now the lovely bit... For the last week or so, I have had a very itchy toe... I thought it was a bit of athletes foot (very common with the climate we have here)... It turned from itchy to quite sore and swollen a couple of days ago, so yesterday I went to the clinic...

It turns out that my toe is currently a home for a worm!  If you look at the photo below you can see the route that the little bugger has travelled.  I must have picked up the worm by walking through a puddle with some bacteria in it.

Good news is, that its very easily treatable... A few tablets for 3 days should kill the little blighter... and I just have to be careful not to get it infected..  No problem going diving with it.. which is good.!



2 comments:

Roy said...

One word - RANK! Disease, rain, worms, mossies, wierd insects & trigger fish - I might have to cancel my flights!

jenny said...

You dare!! :-D