Monday 30 April 2012

1st May 2012

So... its been a busy couple of days, doing as much work as possible before Roy arrived.... and then the 29th came around... it was time to go and meet the ferry.

I left Jen at Safety Stop, and walked to the ferry which was just pulling in.. I could see Roy waving from it..


Roy stepped off, and we had a hug and waited for the luggage to come off.. Then this woman wearing a hat walked up to me and said "Don't you say hello to your mother then?"  What a shocker... Mum had travelled over too!!!

After a few minutes of me stuttering and open mouthed, we headed to Safety Stop to get some breakfast. Roy had a fry up and Mum had some toast.

Then it was time to check them in... once that was done, Mum went for a couple of hour nap, and Roy, Jen and I sat by the pool..

That evening, I had duties to perform in the "Snorkel Test", and then it was off to the festival... We arrived too late for the local dances, and the main stage had a heavy metal band on!! 





 Not exactly Mums scene... so we grabbed some food and a couple of drinks then headed to bed.

The next day, we sat by the pool in the morning, and then I conducted Roy's scuba review.. Seeing as Roy had not dived in so long, I was a little worried that he might have forgotten a lot... It turns out that I needn't have worried.. He was excellent in the pool, so we decided to get a cheeky dive in at Junkyard. 

I took the longtail boat out, and we dropped down, and after a few issues with ear equalising, went for a 52 minute dive... I can't tell you how strange it is to dive with my brother... It keeps surprising me when I turn and look at him and think "Oh... Roy is diving!"

After our dive, we went to dinner at Whitening (Yum Yum), and then retired for the evening...

xx



2 comments:

Roy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roy said...

Had such a ball bro...it was great sharing the things we both love doing.....I can only hope we can do it again. x